Same same different



Same coffee. Same mug.
         
          But you're not in your swing watching while I make it.

Same kitchen. Same table.

          But you're not in your highchair eating with me.

Same play mat. Same toys.

          But you're not there rolling around and squirming.

Same pants. Same shirts.

          But you're not here to wear them.

Same tub. Same soaps.

          But you're not splashing with me.

Same couch. Same shows.

          But you're not snoozing on my shoulder while I watch them.

Same bed. Same room.

          But you're not there sleeping beside me.

Same house. Same rooms.

          But your squeals

                 your laughs

                 your cries

                      aren't in the air.

Same dad. Same mom. Same love.



Comments

Popular Posts