"Hey" brah!




I've been having a tough couple days. I've been letting my thoughts about life get caught up into what has happened to us. I wise person told me, 'it's ok to have a pity party but it's not ok to stay there'. Of course no one would fault me for staying there. Having a positive party is going to be tough right now. I think about things I miss dearly like : the smell of his head, the sound of his laugh, and the way he would look so excited to see me when I came home from work. So many other things but those are a few. Even as I write this I think to myself, maybe just take the day off from being positive about life. Or I could write about something good I've relearned during this journey. I relearned a lot of things. One that life can change in moment, losing a love hurts more than anything in life and that family is everything! When it comes to my family I have so many blessings. Chantal and her family that I can call family. I also have great parents, great uncles, sister in law, aunts, cousins, nephew, niece and brothers. It's my brothers I'd like to focus on today. I've always known that they have my back. I have always had theirs in return. In all this they have come up huge. Dustin texts me and calls me at least once a day to see how I am. That may not sound like anything but he is busy with two kids and full time job. And it's not what he says, it's the reminder when he calls that he is my brother and I love him. This gives me hope and reasons to think positive about my life. All in a call or text. My other brother is reading this going hay not "hey". Well that's my story for today. Just kidding of course- my other brother Chad is a great brother as well. He hosted Caius's celebration of life and was really there for me when it all happened. He lives in Calgary and left his teaching job as soon as he heard. They were both there for me when it all happened. I know I have two great brothers to cheer on the Oilers, play basketball and joke around with. I've always been there for them and vice versa as I've come to know over and over again. So instead of feeling bad about missing my favourite little Oilers fan, I will remember that have two great brothers who will be cheering as much as me. We will all be remembering how Caius loved watching hockey with his Dad and he to wants the Oilers to win. He also loved his uncles. Go Oilers and thanks brothers. I love you and thank you for no matter what kind of party I go to, pity or positive, you always ready to party with me.

" hey "

Love you all



Clint

Comments

Popular Posts