Celebration



Today is my son's funeral. Something I never thought I'd say. That sounds so sad. So I'll say it differently- today is my son's celebration of life. I've always wanted to be a Dad/ Father and the times I'm honest with myself I'd say it was what I was meant to do. Not personal train or sell fitness equipment or teach spin or teach bootcamp or run kids programs on cruiseships...I was meant to be a Dad  I was a dad for 7 months and I can say I appreciated it but knowing now what would happen to Caius, I didn't appreciate nearly enough. This isn't a poor me statement, just a fact. So as Caius's Dad I'm going to make sure his celebration of life is done right  That's what a good father would do! He would help everyone understand what a good, fun, loving, playful, energetic, cheeky, smart and wonderful little guy he was. And as a good father- and by the way I speak for the both of us (Chantal and I) I will cherish his memories always. Chantal (who by the way was the best mother I've ever seen) said "if someone gave me a choice to have 7 months with this wonderful boy or nothing" she said that would be an easy answer she would choose the 7 months in blink! So would I of course. I may become a father again and that will fill me up with happiness and purpose. But for the rest of my life I have a purpose to celebrate Caius's life.So what I'm trying to say is that while we may be celebrating his life today I will also be celebrating his 7 months life forever.

Clint

Comments

Popular Posts